Saturday, July 3, 2010

Summer is here

I'm on school break. A couple of days a week I'm home with the kids, which has been really fun. Al gave me some great advice about spending the day with them..."it is great, as long as you expect to get nothing accomplished" She was right. Low expectations never fail. (like the ones I've made for this blog) I had zero expectations for projects, errands, personal grooming, etc. and we've been having a wonderful time. Al is working on being home 2 days a week too, so we'll have long weekends together. I've been trying to go out each morning with the kiddos to a new neighborhood spot...I don't have any pictures though as I have had my hands full, but I did get a great pic of them at home.
AND we finally got Iris singing on camera.

3 comments:

john and Sharon said...

Ooooooooo, great photo of the two!!! Iris is over flowing with beautiful curls!!! and Ollie is so big!!!
and the song...too sweet!
Love you all!
Poppi and Mimi
XXXXOOOO

Disclaimer said...

Great post...I would put post Clara's scream-o...but who wants to listen to that? Nicely done Iris. Ian, you are always better off with low expectations. Overall better mental health ;)

fisherdm said...

Love it. Oliver is a dead ringer for the child of some other friends of ours. I'm going to have to pull everybody together so we can collectively gasp at the coincidence.